Milan is surrounded by a belt of Outlets and Factory Stores.
Real shopping villages offering top Italian and international designer brands at prices discounted from 30 to 70%.
Fidenza Village is part of the collection of nine “Chic Outlet Shopping” villages, a real shopping village, offering a fabulous array of designer clothing and homeware.
• WHERE: halfway between Milan and Bologna. Take the A1 autostrada and exit at Fidenza/Salsomaggiore Terme. Daily “Shopping Express” shuttle bus also available (departs at 10am from piazza Castello 1, M1- M2 Cadorna FN).
• WHAT: 100 boutiques featuring prestigious designer labels at reduced prices, including Valentino, Paul Smith, Missoni and Michael Kors.
• NOT ONLY SHOPPING: thanks to its position, in addition to shopping, Fidenza Village offers a number of other attractions. A great opportunity to learn more about Parma and Terme Verdiane, one of Italy’s primary artistic and cultural hubs. For more information visit: www.fidenzavillage.com
An outlet store on the Swiss border, FoxTown uses the popular US-style “Factory Stores” formula: practically all the best designer labels, accessories and not only, at factory prices.
• WHERE: just 15 km from Lugano and 30 km from Milan. Take the Milano-Lugano autostrada and exit at Mendrisio. The outlet can also be accessed by a daily shuttle service (departs at 2pm from Foro Bonaparte 76, M1 Cairoli-M2 Lanza) (www.zaniviaggi.it)
• WHAT: 160 exclusive stores, more than 250 top brands,1 casino, 7 bars and restaurants. And again, new openings of prestigious brands such as Blumarine, Custo Barcellona, Ferrè and Villeroy&Boch.
• NOT ONLY SHOPPING: for the whole month of October anyone purchasing an item costing at least 100 Swiss francs or more will be entitled to a free return ticket for the Monte Tamaro a Rivera cableway. In collaboration with IED (Istituto Europeo di Design), FoxTown has created “Design your style”, a unique opportunity to receive professional advice on how to improve your look. For info, visit: www.foxtown.ch
One of the first outlet villages in Europe, Serravalle Scrivia is located in the province of Alessandria. Designed as a typical medieval Ligurian town, it combines all the appeal of luxury designer brands with the beauties of the surrounding Piedmont countryside and the Liguria Riviera.
• WHERE: take the A7 Milano-Genova autostrada and exit at Serravalle Scrivia. The outlet can also be accessed by a convenient daily shuttle service (departs at 10am from Foro Bonaparte 76, M1 Cairoli-M2 Lanza) (www.zaniviaggi.it)
• WHAT: 180 exclusive designer brand stores, elegance, affordable prices and high quality for all pockets. To discover your favourite designer brands visit: www.mcarthurglen.it
Situated just thirty minutes from Milan, in the province of Novara, the Vicolungo Outlet is the ideal place to spend an exciting day’s shopping.
• WHERE: take the A4 Milano-Torino autostrada and exit at Biandrate Vicolungo. Shuttle service available on Fri-Sat-Sun-Mon (departs at 10.30am from Foro Bonaparte 76, M1 Cairoli-M2 Lanza) (www.zaniviaggi.it)
• WHAT: 150 prestigious designer stores offering clothing for the whole family, homeware and beauty products at discounted prices of up to 70%.
• NOT ONLY SHOPPING: Vicolungo Outlet also hosts art exhibitions, events and other initiatives for a enjoyable day’s outing. For more information, visit: vicolungo.thestyleoutlets.it
A real fashion town where elegance, good food and quality combine to offer you a unique shopping experience.
• WHERE: Rodengo Saiano, in the province of Brescia. Easily accessible from Milan on the A4 autostrada, Ospitaletto exit.
• WHAT: 160 designer boutiques including Calvin Klein, Boggi and Pinko, but also Bialetti and Basetti for homeware and Lindt to delight your taste buds.
• NOT ONLY SHOPPING: Franciacorta Village is situated in an area famed for its fine wines, from which it takes its name. The area is also known for its castles and golf courses. For information on package tours and group specials visit: www.franciacortaoutlet.it