About Museo City
For the third consecutive year, MuseoCity takes centre stage in the city to enable locals and visitors alike to get to know and value the history, the beauties and the important cultural heritage of the Milanese museums. For three days, 80 Milanese museums, house museums and artists’ ateliers are open to the public with guided tours, special initiatives, workshops for children, late night openings and conferences.
The theme chosen for the latest edition of MuseoCity is focused around an in-depth analysis of the relationship between men and nature. The same subject is also the main focus of the XXII Triennale di Milano.
Besides the over 100 events held in the city and in its surroundings, this edition of MuseoCity also features a vast array of side events which include:
– “Museo segreto” itinerary, curated by Dr. Gemma Sena Chiesa and by the Associazione MuseoCity, dedicated to the theme of ‘Nature, Art and Museums’.
– The conversation on “Nature in ancient, modern and contemporary art”, on 1 March at 4pm at Palazzo Reale;
– The exhibition ‘Still life by Geo Poletti. A Milanese collection” curated by Associazione MuseoCity, Paolo Biscottini and Annalisa Zanni (1-24 March 2019, at Palazzo Reale)
– “Tramtram”, featuring a full day of special guided tours reserved to those travelling on ATM public transport curated by Dodecaedro Urbano – Urbanfile (all-day-long, on Saturday 2 March 2019);
– Guided tours to MAUA – Museo di Arte Urbana Aumentata and to the street art works scattered between Centrale Railway Stataion, Leoncavallo Social Club and via Padova (on 3 marzo 2019,starting from 10am at M3 Sondrio).