EICMA, the eagerly-awaited appointment for biking enthusiasts is back in Milan with its 2018 edition. Now on the 76th year from its inception, this one-of-a-kind event is ready to be hosted at the Rho Fairgrounds, spread over six different pavilions. Bike aficionados are strongly advised not to miss the biggest event in the world dedicated to 2 wheels where the most important top brands in the sector preview their latest innovations in biking for 2019, with test-driving options in a dedicated outdoor area and top-level competitions.
It has already been confirmed that, as for the previous edition, a specific focus is being given to E-Bikes, as well as to sustainable and eco-friendly mobility solutions.
The featured areas
Folllowing a well-established format, even the 76th edition of EICMA is developed around core areas, which include:
– E-Bike area, previewing the latest innovations in electric, eco-friendly mobility. Mopeds, motorbikes, sport bikes and parts are on diplay for public viewing.
– Start up and innovation play a key role in the fair, introducing all new-ins and advanced technologies to bring in significant improvements in mobility.
– Tourism, featuring the participation of tour operators and motoring industries introducing new solutions to travel on the two wheels.
– A special sales area reserved to second hand motorbikes and period bikes is also part of the fairground.
– Garments and accessories can be purchased at the Temporay Bikers Shop.
– The outside area set amidst the different pavilions hosts the MotoLive raceground, where competitions, live shows, demonstrations and entertainment are held.
– The Safety Area displays all new-ins for riders’ safety, spanning from uber-technological helmets up to back protectors and motorbike-friendly airbags.
– Lovers of custom motorbikes can find their share in the dedicated ‘Custom Area’ displaying unique jewels of design and colouring.
Join in the contest!
With the purchase of the tickets to the fair, each guest is provided with a ‘Contest Code’. The contest code entitles visitors to EICMA to take part in a special contest: from 6 to 10 November guests can vote their favourite stand from the 76th EICMA fair on the official website to receive special prizes from the various brands. The final draw is held on 23 November 2018.
Prizes span from high-quality technical garments to driving experiences on track up to powerful motorbikes.
Side events – EICMA in the city
The new RIDEMOOD programme is one of the most significant innovations for this edition of EICMA. RIDEMOOD features a selection of motorbike-based events involving the whole city, culminating in the EICMALAND party dedicated to the world of the two wheels hosted at Alcatraz (Milan) on Saturday 10 November.
EICMA and Rinascente
Following an annual tradition, the Love to Ride off-site event – born from the partnership between EICMA , moto.it and Rinascente – enlivens the spaces of the Milanese Department Store. From 6 to 11 November, 6 window displays overlooking Piazza Duomo feature special set ups designed by scenographer Tony Pignatelli hosting motorbikes by BMW, Energica, Piaggio, Quadro, Vemar. New-ins by these brands are also available for public viewing inside the store.
>> Learn more on this event (in Italian only)
>> Check the new ins you can’t miss on our article!
Never stop riding
>> Are you a biker in search of cool itineraries in the Milan area? Check our article here!
Though lasting 6 days, access on the first two days is reserved to professionals in the sector.
Tickets are available at Rho Fiera Milano ticket office, or online on the official website (see below).
Online tickets, a new-in of this 76th edition, have a discounted price with regards to those purchased at the ticket office.
Full ticket (open) at the ticket office: 23 euro
Full ticket (open) online: 20,50 euro
Open Thurs-Sat-Sun 9.30am-6.30pm and Fri 9.30am-10pm.
External links: www.eicma.it