Last Updated 28 March 2018
The fair: Salone del Mobile. Milano
Ever more Milanese, ever more international. These words best describe the new manifesto of the Salone del Mobile.Milan. Held from 17 to 22 April at the Rho Fairgrounds, the ‘Salone’s mission highlights the elements that link the event to the city of Milan, strengthening the process of globalization that has been undertaken by them. The 2018 edition of Salone del Mobile.Milano fair (once known as I Saloni and now at its 57th edition) is composed by different exhibitions spread over the various pavilions in Rho Fiera Milano:
Salone Internazionale del Mobile, i.e. International Furnishing Accessories Exhibition boasting more than 2,000 exhibitors from all over the world and divided into 3 MAIN CLUSTERS: Design, xLux and Classic:
Tradition in the Future.
– International Furnishing Accessories Exhibition, divided into two core themes such as “Classic Furnishing Accessories” and “Design Furnishing Accessories”, allowing the best knowledge of design trends
– EuroCucina (International Biennial Kitchen Exhibition) and FTK (Technology for the Kitchen) introducing the latest innovation in kitchen furnishing, homeware and cooking devices, spread over 5 pavilions.
– International Bathroom Exhibition boasting the best of bathroom furniture, shower and sauna stalls, taps, jacuzzis and tiles. The International Bathroom Exhibition focuses on a space that now transcends functionalism to embrace wellness.
– SaloneSatellite, dedicated to young, emerging designers under 35 and serves as a launch pad into the world of design. This very area of the exhibition encourages participants to work on the theme of the relationship between craftsmanship and state-of-the-art, with a focus on African and South American art.
– Workplace 3.0, an innovative display area dedicated to design and new technologies to re-design the different workplaces
Reserved for trade members every day from morning to afternoon, the Salone is open to the public on Saturday and Sunday with an entrance ticket.
Figures for the event are astounding: 205,000 net square meters of exhibition space, more than 2,000 exhibitors and a 22% attendance rate by foreign companies.
– This year’s edition of Salone del Mobile.Milano features an exhibition by artist and architect Giancarlo Prandelli and Art Gallery Galleria Pisacane featuring studies over Leonardo da Vinci’s production. Through his works, Prandelli analyses the mysteries behind the images and symbols used by Leonardo da Vinci and other important artists up to Dali’s works. Among Prandelli’s favourite images visitors can admire female portraits recalling the Renaissance style and the pictorial traits by Leonardo da Vinci, as well as knights and battles. The exhibition is held at Pavilion 2 at stand C 26-30 at Rho Fairground. The same exhbition can permanently be found at hall no. 5 within Galleria Pisacane. >> Check the official website
Salone del Mobile.Milano side events
Following a well-established format, the Design Week extravaganza is also enhanced by a unique programme of exhibitions, special openings, DJ sets, cocktail parties as well as site-specific installations and projects that make up the Fuorisalone event.
Official Website: www.salonemilano.it
[Photo credits: official Salone del Mobile.Milano]