Last updated on 8 April 2019
Book your stay now!
About the Salone del Mobile.Milano
Salone del Mobile.Milano, internationally known as Milan Furniture Fair, is more than a fair or a large-size exhibition, it is a reference point for professionals in the design and furniture fair with the aim of creating top-quality products. Now on its 58th edition, the Salone del Mobile.Milano fair (once known as I Saloni) is composed by different exhibitions spread over the various pavilions in Rho Fiera Milano:
– Salone Internazionale del Mobile, i.e. International Furnishing Accessories Exhibition boasting more than 1,300 exhibitors. It is divided into three core themes:
“Classic Furnishing Accessories” (pavilion 2), “Design Furnishing Accessories” (pavilions 5-6-7-8-10-12-14-16-18-20) allowing the best knowledge of design trends, and xLuz (pavilions 1-3-4).
– Euroluce (International Biennial Lighting Exhibition), featuring a focus on adaptive intelligence of light for men’s use
– Workplace3.0/SaloneUfficio (International Biennial Workspace Exhibition), featuring a mix between work and office solutions with furnishing designed for recreational moments. Any creation on exhibit was crafted with the aim of providing new smart office solutions to allow a new, anthropocentric approach to design.
– SaloneSatellite, dedicated to young, emerging designers and serves as a launch pad into the world of design. This year it features a focus on today’s food revolution with the project “Food as a Design Object”
– S.Project (pavilion 22-24) with the DE-SIGNO installation (see below)
More than three hundred thousand people, including designers, architects, journalists, collectors and design enthusiasts, from over 160 countries, flock to the city each year to attend Milan’s Design Week. These international visitors are welcomed by the custom of cultural sharing and the spaces, in an ongoing dialogue with the city which grows every year. This edition, featuring an action-packed program of projects and events, promises to be a memorable one. Figures for the event are astounding: over 205,000 net square meters of exhibition space and more than 2,350 exhibitors.
What’s new in 2019
As a new-in for the 2019 edition of the Salone del Mobile. Milano, the spaces of Workplace 3.0, located at pavilion 22-24 (previously known as SaloneUfficio) is set to host brand-new projects named S-Project. The idea behind this innovation is based on the interchangeability between furniture designed for different spaces, which is becoming increasingly hybrid and suitable not only for the office spaces but also for all home and working place.
Focus on Leonardo da Vinci
On the occasion of the celebrations for the 500th anniversary of Leonardo da Vinci’s death, the Salone opens the way to a vast array of national events. In particular, the S-project is home to an immersive installation, located at pavilion no. 24, called DE-SIGNO to Leonardo. It celebrates the legacy that he left to the culture of design and savoir faire; a powerful rendition of the story of the Renaissance genius, and his relationship with contemporary Italian design.
Salone del Mobile.Milano, side events
Following a well-established format, the Design Week extravaganza is also enhanced by a unique programme of exhibitions, special openings, DJ sets, cocktail parties as well as site-specific installations and projects that make up the Fuorisalone event.
Book your stay now!
Tickets and Information
Reserved for trade members every day from morning to afternoon, the Salone is open to the public on Saturday and Sunday with an entrance ticket.
Full Visitor ticket: 35 euros. Find further information on subscriptions and special tickets on the official website
Rho Fiera Milano
M1 (red line) Rho Fiera
Open Daily 9.30am-6.30pm.