Indeed, Milan is one of the cities displaying the widest variety of LGBT friendly clubs in Italy (did you read our LGBT guide for living Milan?), but the week with the greatest amount of LGBT friendly events is the week of Milano Gay Pride.
The Milano Pride Card is free and grants some interesting discounts.
One week of LGBT friendly sport, cultural, information, political and entertainment events, from 18 until 25 June 2016, until the traditional parade for civil rights, happening on 25 June, will be the culmination of this annual event followed by a flash mob featuring the participation of international artists. The events calendar will be published after 30 May, save this page among your favourites to stay tuned. Get all the latest events happening during the gay friendly week by downloading the APP Milano Gay Life from GooglePlay or from iTunes.
Here’s a list of some of the events:
– 22/23/24 June, 9.30am-7.30pm. Photo exhibition ‘We Could Have Been Friends – The New Desaparecidos’. A selection of photo reportage on immigration aiming to retrace the histories and destinies of people who die in the attempt of reaching Europe. At Libreria Tadino, in via Tadino 18.
– 22 June, 6.45pm-8pm. Book Sharing ‘Love at First Book ‘ offering the chance to meet one’s soul sister while peering through the books of a charming library. The event includes an aperitivo. At Open Milano, in via Montenero 6.
– 22/23/24/25/26 June, 7pm-12am. ‘Analog Clubbing’ offering a pre digital journey of underground London from 1980-1988, through the eyes of Jeffrey Hinton personal archive. At Blanco, via Giovanni Battista Morgagni, 2.
– 23/24/25 June, 6pm-12am. ‘Pride Square’ street food market selling typical products featuring meetings, talks, dj sets. In Via Lecco.
– 23 June, 8.30pm-10.30pm. ‘Tip Tap Show for Amnesty International’ featuring live shows to promote a campaign against sexual discrimination. At Teatro Carcano, corso di Porta Romana 6.
– 24 June, 10.30pm-2am. ‘Boytoy We Are Family. 80′s and 90′s Masterpiece’ drinks and movie screenings. At Mono, via Lecco 6.
– 24 June, 11pm-4.30pm. ‘Disco Prugna Toilet Park’ dj set with free access. At Chiringuito Parco Forlanini Milano, via Salesina 99.
– 25 June, 11.30pm-4am. ‘Butterfly Pride Edition with Le Donatella’ dj set with Italian duo Le Donatella as special guests. At Black Hole Milano, via Cena 17.
– 25 June, 3pm-7pm. Parade. Find information below, in the details section.
– 26 June, 8.30pm-3am. Milano Pride Closing Party. At Join the Gap Milano, in via Fabio Massimo 36.
Parade route: even the 2016 edition features Milano Stazione Centrale as the traditional starting point (Piazza Duca d’Aosta), then the parade will cross Piazza Caiazzo, Piazzale Loreto, Corso Buenos Aires to end in Piazza Oberdan, for the closing celebrations.
Official Hashtag: #MilanoPride