Valentine’s Day (San Valentino, in Italian) happens each year on 14 February and is considered the day to celebrate romantic love.
Traditionally, Italian couples go out for dinner and buy presents each other, like chocolate and flowers, more special if baked by artisanal pastry shops (check here for some shops in Milan). Read our gift guides for him and for her!
Get the best of shopping
– On Valentine’s Day 2018 the famous Murano-born glassmaker Venini celebrates romantic love with a new edition of Fazzoletto Opalino in warm, bright red (see above). The vase, available in different colours, is fully hand blown and is born from an idea by Fulvio Bianconi. >> Check the collections on the official website
Eat & Drink
If you want to find some special venues for your dinner, look at our articles about panoramic restaurants in Milan, check Michelin-Starred Restaurants in Milan 2018, other big-brands restaurants, five star Restaurants from Five Star Hotels, vegetarian and vegan restaurants in Milan.
– This year, the Michelin star-awarded Armani/Ristorante offers its guests the chance to enjoy a five-course dinner with a special themed men with seasonal products, paired with precious wine labels while sitting in a elegant location surrounded by a peerless panorama. Price per person 200 euros (beverage included). Reservations available on T: +39 02 88838910
–Ecrudo restaurant celebrates love with its new Love Potion candle-lit aperitivo, followed by a romantic dinner featuring a special menu and live music by a saxophone player. The menu is also enhanced by the gluten-free Sweetheart heart-shaped cake to end the dinner with a sweet note, plus two free glasses of bubbles. Reservations available on: email@example.com or T: +39 02 83390006
– The newly opened L’Ov Milano restaurant in via Solari (check our news here), and its twin restaurant in viale Premuda, offer lovers the chance to enjoy a romantic candle-lit dinner with a special menu, featuring also a selection of heart-shapes salmon or beef tartares. For info and reservations check the website: www.lovmilano.com
– On Valentine’s day the Neapolitan restaurant Chiuma’s awaits its guests with a special four-course menu featuring fish-based specialities paired with an accurate wine selection, served within a welcoming and warm atmosphere to fully enjoy the most romantic day of the year. >> Check the full menu (in Italian) below. For info and reservations firstname.lastname@example.org or T: +39 02 3085168
– Enjoy Valentine’s day at Magna Pars Suites Milano: the trandy location in Tortona district offers its guests the chance to enjoy a romantic dinner in the garden featuring a fish-based menu accompanied by a distinctive rose cocktail. Guests wishing to stay at the hotel can also take advantage of special offers. >> For info and reservations: T: +39 02 8378111 or www.danoi-in.it
– A romantic dinner with a peerless panoramic view is served at Unico Milano. Located atop of Milan’s WJC Tower, the rooftop restaurant offers its guests a five-course menu by chef Fabrizio Ferrari enhanced by a creative dessert called ‘Fix You’ specially designed by pastry chef Beppe Allegretta. >> For info and reservations .+39 02 39214847 and email@example.com
– Valentine’s day is the ideal chance to enjoy the newly re-opened Tre Cristi restaurant, offering an innovative five-course menu mixing and matching fish and meat delicacies where each creation is paired with the most appropriate wine label. >> For info and reservations T: +39 02 29062923 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Valentine’s day at a SPA
– The Milanese Style Hotel pampers its guests with a unique chance for relaxation. The spa is indeed open upon request only for private use and can be fully personalised upon guests’ request. Flowers, aromas, music and an invigorating food offer are tailor made to allow both hotel guests and external visitors get the utmost of privacy and comfort while relaxing in the whirlpool, vapour bath and colour therapy rooms.
>> Learn more on the official website
Museums and Out of Town Tours
In past years, the Italian Ministry of Culture and Heritage (Ministero dei Beni e delle Attività Culturali) granted discounted admission to State museums and heritage sites to all couples. News about special offers for Valentine’s day 2018 is still pendent, we hope they will give us an encore. Please save this page to your favourites and we will keep you posted!
– Multimedia exhibition Leonardo3 has introduced a new initiative featuring a romantic dinner for two at Pizzeria Dodici Gatti, where guests can choose between the pizza or cuisine menu, enhanced by a direct view on the Galleria followed by a guided tour to Leonardo3, through Leonardo da Vinci’s ladies in portraits. Upon reseservation only. Two turns available: dinner at 7.30pm and tour at 8.30pm or dinner at 8.30pm and tour at 9.30pm. >> For info and reservations: T: +39 02 36594689, email@example.com
– Let’s take a selfie! This year, Pinacoteca di Brera invites lovers visiting the art gallery to take a selfie in front of their favourite love portrait or painting. Guests just need to choose their favourite work of art, take a selfie imitating the depicted lovers or providing their very personal interpretation of love and than share the photo on their preferrd social network. Enjoy kissing! >> Find all activities by the Pinacoteca on the official website
– Gardaland Sea Life allows 5 lucky couples of lovers to enjoy an exclusive dinner immersed within a special atmospghee, surrounded by over 50,000 sea life species. From 7pm to 11pm, on 14 February. >> Find further info on the official website