GPS: 9.17932108308105, 45.470453557753444
Scroll down to see the full list of upcoming events
The Sforza Castle alone is well worth a visit, but housed within the walls of the fortified castle are various museums containing antique art, paintings, period furniture, sculptures and musical instruments making it a precious treasure trove of Milan history. While most of the rooms are accessible to the disabled, rooms 9, 10, 15, 23, 24 are not accessible.
- Museum of Ancient Art (Roman remains, remains and pieces of Gothic Lombard architecture, sculptures in local Renaissance style
- Furniture Museum
- Picture Gallery (1,500 artworks by local artists and big names, including Canaletto, Mantegna, Bronzino, Lorenzo Lotto, Titian and many other painters)
- Museum of Decorative Arts
- Museum of Musical Instruments
- Museum of Prehistory and Proto-history
- Egyptian Museum
- Achille Bertarelli – Prints Collection
- Photographic Archive
- Archaelogical and Numismatic Library
- Trivulziana Library and City Historical Archive
- Art Library
- Vinciana Collection (books, manuscripts, antique and modern collections, photos related to Leonardo da Vinci.
- CASVA – Centre for High Studies in the Visual Arts
Services available on booking: access to the walkways and to the castle underground (T: +39 02 6597728)
Tues-Sun 9am-5.30pm (admission until 5pm), closed on Mondays (holidays included).
Full price ticket 5€. Free admittance: every day after 4.30pm except Fri; Fri 2pm-5.30pm; always free for children under 18.
NOTE: All the museums are in the Milan Tourist MuseumCard circuit
M1 (red line) – M2 (green line) Cadorna FN
M1 (red line) Cairoli
M2 (green line) Lanza
Read more on the Sforza Castle
Upcoming EventsThe best events happening in this location selected for you by our editors:
- Festival: Celebrating Leonardo da Vinci, at the Castle - 2 May, 2019 - 12 Jan, 2020 - See description
- Exhibition: 'Intorno a Leonardo. Opere grafiche dalle collezioni milanesi' - 11 Sep, 2019 - 15 Dec, 2019 - 9:00 am - 5:30 pm